xorg-libice

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Mon May 24 09:13:57 PDT 2010

On May 24, 2010, at 09:23, David Epstein wrote:

> I have just installed Leopard 10.5.8, and then I did sudo port upgrade
> outdated.

What OS did you have before you upgraded to 10.5.8? If earlier than 10.5.0, you need to uninstall all ports and reinstall them; see the Migration page:

http://trac.macports.org/wiki/Migration

> This ran into an error on xorg-libice, and so I ran sudo port
> clean --all xorg-libice, followed by sudo port -d upgrade xorg-libice, with
> the following result:

> register.c:48: error: conflicting types for 'IceRegisterForProtocolSetup'
> /opt/local/include/X11/ICE/ICElib.h:220: error: previous declaration of
> 'IceRegisterForProtocolSetup' was here

You would need to deactivate the old xorg-libice before you can install the new one. This is explained in the ticket for this issue:

http://trac.macports.org/ticket/19147