rsync error with MacPorts 1.9.0 beta 2

Linc Davis ld-temp-fr94 at pobox.com
Thu May 27 18:48:05 PDT 2010

On May 27, 2010, at 6:34 PM, Joshua Root wrote:

> On 2010-5-28 11:18 , Linc Davis wrote:
>> I have two Macs with the beta installed: a build server and a client.
>>
>> The server does all the building. It exports the directory
>>
>> /opt/local/var/macports/sources/rsync.macports.org/release
>>
>> as an rsync module, and the directory
>>
>> /opt/local/var/macports/packages
>>
>> as an NFS share. On the client, which doesn't have Xcode installed, the sources.conf file is modified as follows:
>>
>> # rsync://rsync.macports.org/release/ports/ [default]
>> rsync://server.lan/release/ports/ [default]
>>
>> where "server.lan" is the internal address of the server.
>>
>> This setup has been working pretty well for the last couple of years, and it still works, but since installing the beta I get the following message in the system log every time I sync the client to the server:
>>
>> rsync: link_stat "/ports/PortIndex_darwin_10_i386/PortIndex" (in release) failed: No such file or directory
>>
>> I don't get this message when syncing the server to the central repository. There is indeed no such file, but I don't understand why this is happening. Thanks for any suggestions.
>
> 1.9 looks for a platform-specific index on the server. If you don't want
> to see the message, provide one. :-)

Thanks for your response. What puzzles me is that rsync just updates the target directory from the source. My build server syncs directly with macports.org, yet it has no such index. Is there something wrong with the installation?

> You won't actually see it every time you sync, but only if the local
> PortIndex is absent or older than a day.

Then I should be seeing it when I update the build server, no? I don't.