Drupal6 dependancy on php52

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Thu May 27 22:12:31 PDT 2010

On May 27, 2010, at 21:54, John Korchok wrote:

> Is the Drupal dependancy on php52 a permanent fact of life, or will it
> eventually work with the normal php5 port? I thought I read that Drupal
> became compatible with php5.3 as of v6.14. Thanks for any updated info...

You should create new threads on the mailing list by using the New Message function of your email program, not by replying to an unrelated message and then editing the Subject, because the message will still show up in the original thread, both in users' threaded mail clients and in the mailing list archives:

http://lists.macosforge.org/pipermail/macports-users/2010-May/thread.html#20301

I hope drupal (and everything else that currently uses php52) upgrades to use php5, soon. It would be nice to be able to get rid of the php52 port (though realistically people will probably continue to request its existence for years to come, sigh). Maybe drupal's maintainer can say more.