how do I specify a global cflags for all ports ?

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Fri May 28 10:54:04 PDT 2010

On May 28, 2010, at 12:43, benzwt chin wrote:

> Is it possible to append/assign a global cflags  such as
> "-march=nocona" for all packages ?
> or I have to key in the cflags for into the Portfile, it will be a tedious job ?

We have the variable "configure.march" available in portfiles for this purpose; not sure if this variable is settable globally in macports.conf.

Why do you want to use this setting? Ports have probably not been tested with this setting so even if you can find a way to set it, I imagine some ports may break.