cannot get the gnome working by following the steps written wiki/GNOME

benzwt chin benzwt at gmail.com
Sun May 30 01:13:45 PDT 2010

Hi, I cannot get the gnome working by following the steps written in wiki/GNOME

To debug the problem I ran the commands which written in
~/.xinitrc.d/90-gnome.sh line by line in the xterm.

sudo launchctl load -w /Library/LaunchDaemons/org.freedesktop.dbus-system.plist
launchctl load -w /Library/LaunchAgents/org.freedesktop.dbus-session.plist

prompt> metacity
Window manager warning: Locale not understood by C library,
internationalization will not work
(metacity:1933): Gtk-WARNING **: Locale not supported by C library.
        Using the fallback 'C' locale.
Xlib:  extension "RANDR" missing on display ":0.0".
Window manager warning: Screen 0 on display ":0.0" already has a window manager

prompt> quartz-wm
dyld: Library not loaded: /opt/local/lib/libXinerama.1.dylib
  Referenced from: /opt/local/bin/quartz-wm
  Reason: no suitable image found.  Did find:
        /opt/local/lib/libXinerama.1.dylib: mach-o, but wrong architecture
Trace/BPT trap

prompt> dbus
Failed to start message bus: launch_msg("CheckIn") IPC failure:
Operation not permitted
EOF in dbus-launch reading address from bus daemon

prompt> gnome-session
Failed to start message bus: launch_msg("CheckIn") IPC failure:
Operation not permitted
EOF in dbus-launch reading address from bus daemon

Please, help me out.

Best regards,
benzwt