port outdated show updates, port upgrade outdated say no updates available

Adam Mercer ram at macports.org
Sun May 30 21:14:48 PDT 2010

On Sun, May 30, 2010 at 23:06, Joshua Root <jmr at macports.org> wrote:

> Well, that actually explains a lot. The receipt has 'epoch 2', while the
> current portfile is at epoch 1. No idea how it got there unless you used
> a modified portfile at some point, but in any case the epoch value would
> have been carried over into the sqlite registry. (You can check this by
> opening the registry.db with the sqlite3 tool and running the .dump
> command.)

Yes, it's marked as epoch 2:

INSERT INTO "ports"
VALUES(39,'gcc44','',NULL,'/opt/local/var/macports/software/gcc44/4.4.1_0',2,'4.4.1',0,'','','installed',1252817603,'image','',0,'','');

I can't recall bumping the epoch, but this is from at least 7 months ago...

> But the real question is now why 'port outdated' is *incorrectly*
> showing gcc44 as outdated.

How can I be of help in tracking that down?

Cheers

Adam