How to use MacPorts for CLI only tools

Savory Michael msavory1 at nzbox.com
Mon Nov 8 23:27:29 PST 2010

Thank Rainer

Yes on my main MacPorts install I have literally hundreds of ports installed

$ sudo port installed | wc -l
     331

And mostly with "going with the flow" everything usually keeps working well.

Just trying to make it easier on the old Leopard machine... I really just want the one cli application (scapy)

Maybe the easy option is just to let it compile all night (or two)

Mike ;-)