Trying to install MAMP on new machine and having problems

Ali A Samii samii at me.com
Thu Nov 11 14:39:50 PST 2010

Hi:

I'm trying to install MacPorts MAMP on a new machine and I'm encountering a problem.

I want to have the document root be located on an external drive.

I have edited httpd.conf, httpd-vhosts.conf, and /etc/hosts

When I restart apache, I get no errors.
When I go to http://localhost/ I get the standard "It Works" message.

When I point my browser to a local site that I have defined in hosts and httpd-vhosts.conf, it works.

However, when I try to access http://localhost/phpinfo.php or http://localhost/phpmyadmin I get 404 Errors.

I defined a Virtual Host for phpmyadxmin using the same syntax so I could just type pma and the browser would point to phpmyadmin, and instead of a 404 error, I get the "It Work's" message.

I'm baffled.

Can someone help me? If you need me to send you my httpd.conf, httpd-vhosts.conf, and /etc/hosts please let me know.

Thanks