Problem with db46, but I think it's a make issue...?

jason at caddiewompus.com jason at caddiewompus.com
Sat Nov 13 08:38:38 PST 2010

 Hey all, having some issues trying to get dvdrip to install, but to me
 it seems the proverbial onion, and I *THINK* it's actually a make issue.
 In short, trying to install dvdrip, it fails on the db46 dependency,
 which when I try to install that it chokes out as follows: (the very end
 of the log/debug)

 make: *** [db_java_wrap.lo] Error 1
 make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
 /bin/sh ./libtool --mode=execute true db_dump185
 shell command " cd
 "/opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_databases_db46/work/db-4.6.21/build_unix"
 && /usr/bin/make -j2 all " returned error 2
 Error: Target org.macports.build returned: shell command failed (see
 log for details)
 DEBUG: Backtrace: shell command failed (see log for details)
     while executing
 "command_exec build"
     (procedure "portbuild::build_main" line 8)
     invoked from within
 "$procedure $targetname"
 Warning: the following items did not execute (for db46):
 org.macports.activate org.macports.build org.macports.destroot
 org.macports.install
 Error: Failed to install db46

 Which looks to me like make failed.  Any suggestions?  Kinda scratching
 my head.  I did try to port install automake, but it fails also...
 Help/Suggestions?

 Thanks!
 JP