MacPorts vs Mac PATH Conflicts - Best Workaround???

Arno Hautala arno at alum.wpi.edu
Sat Nov 13 14:21:59 PST 2010

On Sat, Nov 13, 2010 at 16:59, LeAnne Lis <lisfolks.lists at gmail.com> wrote:

> I suppose one could create scripts for the specific version(s) they want to
> use, but that seems like a pain. Or, perhaps one could create a script just
> to swap the PATH as needed on the fly. Any other thoughts???

You could also alias the Apple supplied binary in your .profile

alias perl=/usr/bin/perl

This will override your PATH.
I do think the best way is to specify the full path to the binary that
you want to be run at the top of your scripts.
You could also execute the script by invoking the full path when you
run the script.  As in:

/usr/bin/perl script.pl

Constantly swapping paths just seems a bit messy to me.

arno  s  hautala    /-|   arno at alum.wpi.edu

pgp f81c4e00