conflicts with unixodbc and iodbc

Bradley Giesbrecht brad at pixilla.com
Sun Nov 14 08:01:45 PST 2010

While creating unixodbc and iodbc(libiodbc) variants for the mysql-
connector-odbc port, which I maintain, it became annoying to have to
uninstall/install unixodbc and libiodbc.

I believe I have successfully moved the conflicting files for unixodbc
and libiodbc into lib/${name}, include/${name} and share/${name}
My tests with mysql-connector-odbc after this change indicate success.

Checking for effected ports reveals a relatively short list of ports
that would need to be updated.
find /opt/local/var/macports/sources/svn.macports.org/trunk/dports -
name Portfile | xargs grep "unixodbc\|iodbc"

aqua/qt4-mac
databases/freetds
databases/MyODBC
databases/mysql-connector-odbc
databases/pure-odbc
databases/unixODBC
devel/libiodbc
devel/poco
devel/soprano
devel/virtuoso
gis/gdal
graphics/vtk-devel
lang/erlang
lang/php4
lang/php52
lang/pike
math/glpk
math/octave-database
php/php5-odbc
science/root
security/shibboleth
sysutils/freeradius
x11/qt3
x11/qt4-x11

Some of these ports do not have variants for unixodbc and/or iodbc
there by making them un-resolvable conflicts.

It's easy enough for me to conflict unixodbc and iodbc variants in
myslq-connector-odbc.

I interested if others think it is worth fixing the conflict between
unixodbc and iodbc.

Comments welcomed.

Bradley Giesbrecht