Broken install on new SnowLeopard machine with MacPorts-1.9.2-10.6-SnowLeopard.dmg

Potato Soup potatosoupz at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 17 16:55:23 PST 2010

Hi I just installed the latest SnowLeopard Mac Ports
(MacPorts-1.9.2-10.6-SnowLeopard.dmg) from the website, on my brand new 27" iMac
with SnowLeopard and latest xcode, and when running port, it fails with:

dlopen(/opt/local/share/macports/Tcl/macports1.0/MacPorts.dylib, 10): no
suitable image found.  Did find:
/opt/local/share/macports/Tcl/macports1.0/MacPorts.dylib: no matching
architecture in universal wrapper
    while executing
"load /opt/local/share/macports/Tcl/macports1.0/MacPorts.dylib"
    ("package ifneeded macports 1.0" script)
    invoked from within
"package require macports"
    (file "/opt/local/bin/port" line 39)

I searched and all I could find was examples of people having this issue when
upgrading from older OSX versions, not a brand new SLeopard. I am stumped and I
now have a broken install. Any help would be greatly appreciated.