Solving some "Symbol not found" problems for libJPEG, libTIFF, libGL, libPng

Robert Baruch robert.c.baruch at gmail.com
Thu Nov 18 15:22:17 PST 2010

I installed opencv via Macports, then tried this test program:

#include “highgui.h”

int main( int argc, char** argv ) {
  IplImage* img = cvLoadImage( argv[1] );
  cvNamedWindow( “Example1”, CV_WINDOW_AUTOSIZE );
  cvShowImage( “Example1”, img );
  cvWaitKey(0);
  cvReleaseImage( &img );
  cvDestroyWindow( “Example1” );
}

Linked against libcxcore.dylib, libcvaux.dylib, libcv.dylib, libhighgui.dylib, and libml.dylib.

Searching google shows that opencv is not the only package that runs into similar problems (if indeed it's the package's fault).