Trying to install MAMP on new machine and having problems

Ali A Samii samii at me.com
Thu Nov 18 20:34:28 PST 2010

OK, you were right, I had the wrong copy of the httpd-vhosts.conf file loaded. I reloaded it, and it works.

However, apache isn't starting up on machine restart. I ran

sudo launchctl load -w /Library/LaunchDaemons/org.macports.apache2.plist

and it says

org.macports.apache2: Already loaded

But when I restart, it doesn't load.

I discovered that when I switched the httpd-vhosts.conf file and issued the command

sudo /opt/local/apache2/bin/apachectl -k restart

and it said

httpd not running, trying to start

So is there anyway I can totally unload org.macports.apache2 and then reissue