Trying to install MAMP on new machine and having problems

Ali A Samii samii at me.com
Thu Nov 18 21:00:23 PST 2010

I did set the mysql username and password according to the tutorial, and that's the username and password I am using to try to gain access. It won't let me.

How can I reset the password via the command-line?

Also, I am using the bash shell. What is the proper syntax to add aliases to my .profile so that I cen just type "restartweb" and it actually issue the
sudo launchctl unload -w /Library/LaunchDaemons/org.macports.apache2.plist
followed by
sudo launchctl load -w /Library/LaunchDaemons/org.macports.apache2.plist
Or whatever would be an efficient command to restart apache.