Problems connecting to mysql using phpMyAdmin

Ali A Samii samii at me.com
Thu Nov 18 23:49:41 PST 2010

Hi:

I am assuming, because I'm not sure how to check this) that the mysql server is NOT configured to use the "old" password algorithm. This is a fresh and clean install, using the MAMP wiki on trac.macports.com and a fresh install of all the various components and variants.

Using the same basic installation process (but with my documents root in the default /opt/local/apache2/..... hierarchy on another machine, I had no problems. The only difference here is the doc root.