Problems connecting to mysql using phpMyAdmin

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Fri Nov 19 01:40:13 PST 2010

The most prominent error in that web page seems to be:

Strict standards: Non-static method ... should not be called statically

A little Googling reveals that this probably means you have requested E_STRICT error reporting from PHP, but that this web application is not coded to E_STRICT standards. Either upgrade to a newer version of Joomla that has been fixed to comply with strict coding standards (if such a thing exists), or don't ask PHP to report strict coding standard violations to you.

Usually this is the error_reporting setting php.ini. Make sure it does not contain "| E_STRICT". But I hear that Joomla also has its own error reporting setting somewhere that you may need to change (either instead or additionally, I'm not sure). You may need to ask the Joomla folks if you need further assistance with this.