variants

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Fri Nov 19 22:17:19 PST 2010

On Nov 20, 2010, at 00:15, kevin beckford wrote:

> is there a slightly more interactive way of using the port system, so
> that I could jump in and say "no wait, don't build python with
> stinking Tk, I have life to live and ladies to love, and they'll not
> wait for Tk to build..." ?

MacPorts does have an interactive mode (just run "sudo port") but it's not as interactive as that. You'd still have to specify the variants you want at the time you run the "install" command.

You could see whether any of the available MacPorts GUI interfaces give you any better control in this regard, but somehow I doubt it.