gnome-subtitles

Luis Felipe Marzagao/Andamentos lfbm.andamentos at gmail.com
Mon Nov 22 18:05:27 PST 2010

Em 21/11/10 20:36, Bradley Giesbrecht escreveu:

> On Nov 21, 2010, at 1:15 PM, Luis Felipe Marzagao/Andamentos wrote:
>
>> Hello:
>>
>> I'm a long time Fedora/Ubuntu user and completely new to Mac OS X and
>> to MacPorts.
>>
>> I 'm interested to port/to see ported "gnome-subtitles"
>> (http://gnome-subtitles.sourceforge.net/about), a really nice and
>> simple subtitle editing/syncing program, to Snow Leopard, but I don't
>> know where to begin.
>>
>> Well, actually, I've read the guide on MacPorts site, but I still
>> have some doubts and hope someone could help.
>>
>> The program in question follows the standard configure, make and make
>> install method.
>>
>> The dependencies are:
>>
>> Mono >= 1.1 (mono to run, gmcs to build)
>> Gtk+ >= 2.12
>> Gtk-Sharp >= 2.12
>> Glade-Sharp >= 2.12
>> GConf-Sharp >= 2.12
>> GStreamer >= 0.10
>> GStreamer-Plugins-Base >= 0.10
>> GtkSpell >= 2.0
>> Enchant >= 1.3
>>
>> I have noticed that *not* all of the dependencies already exist as
>> ports.
>>
>> So, is it possible to compile the program for OS X? Does it require
>> experienced software engineering skills? Any pointers would help.
>>
>> Thansk a lot
>> Luis Felipe
>
> Luis, I created a port request for gnome-subtitles. It would be great
> if you could help trac down missing deps. If you would try building
> this port as is and report to this ticket any errors that would be great.
>
> https://trac.macports.org/ticket/27415
>

> Regards,
> Bradley Giesbrecht
Hello, guys:

First of all, thanks a lot for all the answers and for the kickstart.
Sure I'm gonna perform the tests and report in the ticket system.

I'm sure everybody will benefit, because this program is really great.
I've tested a lot of free subtitles program and none seemed as good as
gnome-subtitles.

Thanks again!
Luis Felipe