failed to install db46 (for git-core)

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sun Nov 28 16:32:05 PST 2010

On Nov 28, 2010, at 18:22, Kevin Layer wrote:

> Ryan Schmidt <ryandesign at macports.org> wrote:

>>> Follow the instructions given above.
>>>

> OK.  But... what changed that made this necessary?  The build I did on
> Wednesday didn't need it, but the rebuild of the machine on Friday
> did.

Apple's most recent security update prior to Mac OS X 10.6.5 (presumably included in 10.6.5 also) deletes a file that was previously part of the OS, and is now only part of that development package. We don't know why Apple made this change, only that db46 and a handful of other ports break without it, so we detect this and advise you how to fix it.