gnome-doc-utils 0.20.2 missing gnome-doc-utils.pc

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Tue Nov 30 21:34:35 PST 2010

On Nov 30, 2010, at 10:57, Sebastian Rockel wrote:

> I am not sure but shouldn't there be a gnome-doc-utils.pc under /opt/local/lib/pkgconfig when it is installed successfully?
>
> I just discoverd that some install configurations depend on the pkgconfig info (e.g. Viking-1.0).
> Otherwise that "configure" will report missing gnome-doc-utils >= X.Y

Using "port contents gnome-doc-utils | grep pc$" you should see that gnome-doc-utils puts gnome-doc-utils.pc in /opt/local/share/pkgconfig. This location is supposed to be just as good as /opt/local/lib/pkgconfig.

P.S: When starting a new topic on the mailing list, you should use your email program's New Message function. Don't reply to an unrelated message and change the subject, because threaded mail readers and our mailing list archives will link your new topic with the old topic to which you replied, which is probably not what you want.