Proxy problem

Jeff Singleton gvibe06 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 1 08:45:26 PDT 2010

In your /opt/local/etc/macports/macports.conf ... add this to the bottom:

proxy_http             proxy.host.domain:port
proxy_https           proxy.host.domain:port
proxy_ftp               proxy.host.domain:port
proxy_rsync          proxy.host.domain:port

Ex: proxy_http      www.proxy.net:1080

On Fri, Oct 1, 2010 at 11:27 AM, notbot <anotbot at me.com> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I hope you can help. I am trying to get MacPorts working from a University
> with a proxy server.
>
> When I last did this there was no problem and no config required, but that
> was with OSX10.5, this time it is with OSX 10.6.4.
>
> Selfupdate works fine, but when attempting to fetch a port it fails with a
> 407 error.
>
> Is there some config required to macports.conf?
>
> Many thanks
>
> Anot

Your HTML signature here