Proxy problem

Bradley Giesbrecht brad at pixilla.com
Sat Oct 2 09:56:39 PDT 2010

On Oct 2, 2010, at 8:45 AM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:

> On Oct 2, 2010, at 06:25, notbot wrote:
>
>> I have tried editing the macports.conf  but it doesn't seem to make
>> any difference... still get failed to fetch with 407 error
>>
>> The proxy is also set in system preferences and I have tried the
>> macports.conf with
>>
>>> #proxy_override_env    yes
>>
>> both enabled and off, again no difference.
>
> You have removed the "#" from the beginning of the line? If not, it
> will have no effect.

Would be nice if port had the capability to stdout ports final
configuration values including env vars, with an option to only print
non-default configuration values.

Something like postfix (postconf -n) or dovecot (dovecot -n).

port -n env

or

port -n conf

On the postfix and dovecot lists it's common for people to post their
postconf -n and dovecot -n output along with their issue.

// Brad