Cannot install libsdl_mixer

Nikos Chantziaras realnc at arcor.de
Sun Oct 3 03:54:49 PDT 2010

On 10/03/2010 03:17 AM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:

> On Oct 2, 2010, at 15:59, Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
>
>> I installed macports just today on OS X 10.6.4.  I've set:
>>
>>   build_arch       i386
>>   universal_archs  i386 ppc
>>
>> in macports.conf since I need Intel and PPC 32-bit univeral binaries.  Then:
>>
>>   port selfupdate
>>   port install libsdl +no_x11 +universal
>>   port install libsdl_mixer +universal -mikmod
>>
>> A lot of stuff was installed correctly, but at the very end, when libsdl_mixer is installed, I get an error:
>> [...]
>
> Trying to build for PowerPC architectures on Snow Leopard is not supported since Snow Leopard doesn't run on PowerPC computers.

However, I can run PPC apps fine with it though (Rosetta), so it's not
like the builds can't be tested :-)  I also build PPC application
bundles with Qt with OS X 10.6, and they run fine on PPC machines with
OS X 10.5.  Which happens to be the reason I installed MacPorts btw,
since I was unable to build the SDL libs myself (the supplied "fat"
build script for building it universal seems broken.)

> However, the error in your log is:
>

> :info:build ld: warning: in build/.libs/playwave.o, missing required architecture x86_64 in file
> :info:build ld: warning: in build/.libs/libSDL_mixer.dylib, missing required architecture x86_64 in file
> :info:build ld: warning: in /opt/local/lib/libSDLmain.a, missing required architecture x86_64 in file
> :info:build ld: warning: in /opt/local/lib/libSDL.dylib, missing required architecture x86_64 in file
>

> It looks like libsdl_mixer got properly built for the architectures you requested, but during the link phase, it forgot to use those same architectures, so it tried to use the default x86_64, which of course can't work. I see this same problem when trying to build libsdl_mixer for i386 (in a MacPorts prefix on Snow Leopard with build_arch set to i386). So I filed a bug report for that issue:
>

> http://trac.macports.org/ticket/26706

Thanks.  I didn't file one myself since I wanted to make sure first it's
not some mistake on my part.