wav2swf macports issue (maybe) -- Error: no mp3 soundstream support compiled in.

Jon Hermansen jon.hermansen at gmail.com
Sun Oct 3 14:37:02 PDT 2010

configure does not find lame.h without specifying "-I${prefix}/include/lame"
in CPPFLAGS:

checking lame.h usability... no
> checking lame.h presence... no
> checking for lame.h... no

I'm attaching a patch which fixes the issue, now configure prints out:

checking lame.h usability... yes
> checking lame.h presence... yes
> checking for lame.h... yes

I used to get the same error as the OP, now I get:

strange error flushing buffer ...

But I went ahead and opened the .swf file (by default, for whatever reason,
opened in Opera on my machine) and it played the test WAV file that I
converted in a loop successfully.

I'm attaching a patch to fix this issue and I'd also be happy to open a bug,
if necessary. BTW, this issue was mentioned ~2 years ago when the request
ticket was created: https://svn.macports.org/ticket/15213