Error when I selfupdate

Rainer Müller raimue at macports.org
Mon Oct 4 02:15:40 PDT 2010

Please use "Reply All", so everyone gets your message, not just me:

On 2010-10-04 11:00 , Michael Curtis wrote:
> I am trying it run the command with sudo, but my account is not able
> to sudo. So in the terminal I login into the admin account and then
> sudo from there. It then tells me port command not found. I assume
> that Macports is installed under my account and not the admin. I run
> my account as a standard user.
>
> Thanks for the swift reply.

If I remember correctly, you need to set a password on your account, or
you cannot use sudo. The admin account does not have /opt/local/bin in
its path as the installer only adds that for the user running the
installation.

Either change the PATH for the admin account in their
.bash_profile/.bashrc or use the full path:

  sudo /opt/local/bin/port selfupdate

Rainer