Messed up Perl

Randal L. Schwartz merlyn at
Mon Oct 4 10:17:54 PDT 2010

>>>>> "Hal" == Hal Vaughan <hal at> writes:

>> Using the system perl should be as simple as changing your shebang
>> line.  (kerbang? Never heard it called that before.)

Hal> I've heard kerbang, shebang, and a few other variations.  I've been
Hal> in some groups where if you use the wrong term they get rather
Hal> offended.  I just use whichever term comes to mind.

It was originally "shebang", a contraction of "sharp bang", where
sharp is what some people call the "#".

Randal L. Schwartz - Stonehenge Consulting Services, Inc. - +1 503 777 0095
<merlyn at> <URL:>
Smalltalk/Perl/Unix consulting, Technical writing, Comedy, etc. etc.
See for Smalltalk discussion

More information about the macports-users mailing list