texlive install dies.

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sat Oct 9 23:20:30 PDT 2010

On Oct 9, 2010, at 23:44, John B Brown wrote:

> 	Here's the log, below the quote.
>
> On 10/9/10 7:21 PM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>> On Oct 9, 2010, at 19:35, John B Brown wrote:
>>
>>> Log for python26 is at: /opt/local/var/macports/logs/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_lang_python26/main.log
>>
>> We will need to see what's in that log file before we can know what went wrong.
>>

> jbb at pinball3:~
> (41): % sudo port install texlive full
> --->  Computing dependencies for texlive

[snip]

> --->  Staging python26 into destroot
> Error: Target org.macports.destroot returned: shell command failed
> Log for python26 is at: /opt/local/var/macports/logs/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_lang_python26/main.log

[snip]

That's not that log file; that's a copy/paste out of your Terminal. We would need to see the contents of the file /opt/local/var/macports/logs/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_lang_python26/main.log to know why python26 failed to install.

On Oct 9, 2010, at 23:59, John B Brown wrote:

> 	After I sent the log I attempted the command without the 'full' and it resumed with staging python26, installed it, and gave the advice
>
> 	sudo port install python_select
> 	sudo python_select python26
>
> to complete the texlive installation. It's still working on the rest of the texlive install right now. The two commands above completed in a second shell tab.

Since python26 now apparently installed ok, the log of the problem has already been overwritten, and then deleted (unless you use "keep_logs yes" in your macports.conf).