port selfupdate failling

Uli Wienands wienands at gmail.com
Sun Oct 10 00:35:46 PDT 2010

Thanks Ryan, that did it.
To Rainer, who wondered how come 501 does not exist: I bought this
machine as a demo model so it had an account. Of course I created my
own, and then deleted the original one. Bingo, 501 is gone!

Hasn't created any problem so far in >3 years (and I am quite sure my
original install of MacPorts was for this same configuration).

Anyway, i am in business, thanks.

Mac Dude