calculation time

John B. Brown jbb at vcn.com
Mon Oct 18 11:25:05 PDT 2010

On 10/18/10 12:21 PM, John B. Brown wrote:
> Dear Folk,
>
> The process "---> Computing dependencies for texlive" has so far taken
> over thirty-six minutes, and counting, with no evidence of any fetching
> or compiling or what have you. Is this an excessive time for an install
> process?
>
> My command was;
>
> "jbb at pinball:~
> (11): % sudo port install texlive +full
> ---> Computing dependencies for texlive"

	Apparently not. The thing started running screen output at 40 minutes
six seconds, immediately after I finished sending off the original e-mail.

	Shalom,

	John B. Brown.
	[jbb at vcn.com]
	358 High Street,
	Buffalo, Wyoming
	82834

"Freedom is not worth having if it does not include
the freedom to make mistakes"  Mahatma Gandhi
"If any question why we died, tell them,
because our fathers lied."  Rudyard Kipling
"A man who does not know the truth is just an idiot
but a man who knows the truth and calls it a lie
is a crook."  Bertolt Brecht
"I wonder whether the world is being run
by smart people who are putting us on
or by imbeciles who really mean it."  Mark Twain