calculation time

Rainer Müller raimue at macports.org
Tue Oct 19 04:01:46 PDT 2010

 [Sorry for sending twice, was using the wrong sender address at first]

 On Tue, 19 Oct 2010 01:50:33 -0500, Ryan Schmidt
 <ryandesign at macports.org> wrote:
> On my 2.2-GHz MacBook Pro, it took only about 15 seconds to go from
> "Computing dependencies for texlive" to "Dependencies to be
> installed"
> and "Fetching" the first needed dependency. Granted I do already have
> many of the dependencies installed, but the time to compute the
> dependencies should still be comparable.

 The computation is cut short if a dependency is already installed. No
 recursion would take place on such a port any more, so I don't think
 that would be comparable to a clean installation.

 Rainer