gnome-desktop-suite build fail

David Evans devans at macports.org
Tue Oct 19 07:54:13 PDT 2010

 On 10/19/10 6:53 AM, Bob Katz wrote:
> Hi I have included the output for the reason gnome-desktop-suite failed to build. If anyone can point me in the right direction that would be great !
>
> Thanks
> Bob
>

> Couldn't find include 'Gst-0.10.gir' (search path: ['/opt/local/share/gir-1.0', '/opt/local/share/gir-1.0', '/opt/local/share/gir-1.0', '/usr/share/gir-1.0', '/opt/local/share/gir-1.0'])
> g-ir-scanner: warning: Option --strip-prefix has been deprecated;
> see --identifier-prefix and --symbol-prefix.
> make[4]: *** [GstTag-0.10.gir] Error 1
> make[3]: *** [tag] Error 2
> Couldn't find include 'Gst-0.10.gir' (search path: ['/opt/local/share/gir-1.0', '/opt/local/share/gir-1.0', '/usr/share/gir-1.0', '/opt/local/share/gir-1.0'])
> g-ir-scanner: warning: Option --strip-prefix has been deprecated;
> see --identifier-prefix and --symbol-prefix.
> make[5]: *** [GstInterfaces-0.10.gir] Error 1
> make[4]: *** [all] Error 2
> make[3]: *** [interfaces] Error 2
> make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> make: *** [all] Error 2
> shell command " cd "/opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_gnome_gst-plugins-base/work/gst-plugins-base-0.10.30" && /usr/bin/make -j2 all " returned error 2
> Error: Target org.macports.build returned: shell command failed
> DEBUG: Backtrace: shell command failed
>     while executing
> "command_exec build"
>     (procedure "portbuild::build_main" line 8)
>     invoked from within
> "$procedure $targetname"
> Warning: the following items did not execute (for gst-plugins-base): org.macports.activate org.macports.build org.macports.destroot org.macports.install
> Log for gst-plugins-base is at: /opt/local/var/macports/logs/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_gnome_gst-plugins-base/main.log
> Error: The following dependencies failed to build: empathy telepathy-farsight farsight2 libnice gst-plugins-base telepathy-glib vala telepathy-haze pidgin libao telepathy-mission-control webkit-gtk icu eog exempi gnome-desktop gnome-themes gnome-icon-theme hicolor-icon-theme icon-naming-utils p5-xml-simple p5-xml-namespacesupport p5-xml-sax p5-xml-sax-expat gtk-engines2 startup-notification xorg-xcb-util epiphany evince libspectre nautilus t1lib file-roller gcalctool gconf-editor gdm gnome-panel libwnck xorg-libXres xorg-resourceproto policykit-gnome gnome-session upower gnome-settings-daemon libgnomekbd libxklavier xkbcomp xorg-libxkbfile xmodmap gedit py26-pygtksourceview gtksourceview2 gnome-applets gucharmap gnome-backgrounds gnome-control-center metacity xorg-libXScrnSaver xorg-scrnsaverproto gnome-games guile gnome-mag gnome-media gnome-python-desktop gtksourceview libgnomeprint libgnomecups libgnomeprintui totem-pl-parser gmime gnome-speech gnome-terminal vte gnome-use
> [...]
Bob --

Port gst-plugins-base is failing during the generation of GObject
introspection data because
you have gobject-introspection installed and ports that gst-plugins-base
depends on have
not been configured to generate introspection data.

GObject introspect disabled for now for gst-plugins-base in r72514.

You should be able to re-sync your ports tree and proceed as follows

sudo port selfupdate
sudo port clean gst-plugins-base
sudo port install gnome-desktop-suite

Dave