Please Help - can't install ufraw

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Tue Oct 19 08:00:25 PDT 2010

On Oct 19, 2010, at 09:56, Mo Issa wrote:

> I’m trying to install ufraw on Mac OS X Leopard to use with ResourceSpace and every time I try to install the package using MacPorts, it fails and gives me this error message:
>
> sudo port install ufraw
> Password:
> --->  Computing dependencies for ufrawError: Unable to execute port: Can't install poppler because conflicting ports are installed: xpdf

You are trying to install ufraw, which eventually depends on poppler, but you already have xpdf installed.
You cannot have xpdf and poppler installed and active at the same time.
Deactivate xpdf if you want to install ufraw (and therefore poppler)

sudo port deactivate xpdf

> I researched this quite a bit and can’t find a solution for it.

The ports were only marked as conflicting a few days ago (though the conflict itself has existed forever).