Please Help - can't install ufraw

Eric Hall opendarwin.org at darkart.com
Tue Oct 19 10:05:42 PDT 2010

On Tue, Oct 19, 2010 at 09:55:37AM -0700, David Evans wrote:
>  On 10/19/10 8:48 AM, David Evans wrote:

> >> If the variant is kept, I would want it renamed to just "+poppler" (we do not name variants with "with_" or "without_" prefixes in MacPorts).
> >>
> >> Also if the variant is kept my addition of the conflicts keywords needs to be fixed to only apply the conflict if it's actually relevant.
> >>

> > Well, saying it that way sounds a bit too contrived to me so I would
> > vote to just make the poppler dependency
> > the default behavior without any variant.

> Conflict between xpdf and poppler resolved in r72519, r72520 as
> suggested by Ryan. Conflicts statements
> removed.

[snip]

	As I noted in the reopened ticket:

	Did anyone do any testing to verify that the poppler
command line utilities perform in the same way the xpdf command
line utilities do? If not, (and there are differences) then I agree
that this is a "dangerous" sort of change - people who know what
the xpdf package contains (not just the xpdf X11 pdf viewer) won't
get what they are expecting.
	Making an xpdf-tools and poppler-tools set of ports (or similar)
and making them not conflict seems like the best solution. I'd suggest
that the poppler-tools alter the binary and man page names to reflect
their origin (as they came later than the xpdf tools).

	If anyone has a bit of time to make the xpdf-tools (or xpdf-utils,
take your pick) and poppler-tools ports, that would be a great help.

		-eric