gnome desktop suite fail part 2

Bob Katz bocat01 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 19 14:45:07 PDT 2010

Hi

 The error that I reported earlier devans reply did the trick and I thank
him for that. However I have a new error that stopped the show. If anybody
can offer any help on the below output error. Please send.

Thanks
            Bob

checking for zenity... no
configure: error: zenity not found in your path - needed for dialogs
shell command " cd
"/opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_gnome_metacity/work/metacity-2.30.3"
&& ./configure --prefix=/opt/local --mandir=/opt/local/share/man
--x-includes=/opt/local/include --x-libraries=/opt/local/lib
--disable-scrollkeeper --disable-schemas-install " returned error 1
Error: Target org.macports.configure returned: configure failure: shell
command failed
DEBUG: Backtrace: configure failure: shell command failed
    while executing
"$procedure $targetname"
Warning: the following items did not execute (for metacity):
org.macports.activate org.macports.configure org.macports.build
org.macports.destroot org.macports.install
Log for metacity is at:
/opt/local/var/macports/logs/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_gnome_metacity/main.log
Error: The following dependencies failed to build: gnome-control-center
metacity xorg-libXScrnSaver xorg-scrnsaverproto gnome-games guile gnome-mag
gnome-media gnome-python-desktop gtksourceview libgnomeprint libgnomecups
libgnomeprintui totem-pl-parser gmime gnome-speech gnome-terminal vte
gnome-user-docs gnome-utils gst-plugins-good flac libcaca libcdio libcddb
libdv libshout2 taglib wavpack gvfs libarchive libgail-gnome libgtkhtml3
liboobs system-tools-backends p5-net-dbus p5-xml-twig seahorse gpgme gnupg
pth openssh xauth seahorse-plugins totem gst-ffmpeg gst-plugins-bad jack
libsamplerate libsndfile libdca libmms libmodplug libmpcdec neon soundtouch
gst-plugins-ugly a52dec libdvdread libdvdcss libid3tag libmad libmpeg2
xorg-libXv xorg-videoproto twolame libgdata xorg-libXxf86vm
xorg-xf86vidmodeproto vino zenity
To report a bug, see <http://guide.macports.org/#project.tickets>
bash-3.2$