Problems w/ MacFUSE & SSHFS

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Wed Oct 20 23:21:42 PDT 2010

Let's keep the discussion on the mailing list.

On Oct 20, 2010, at 18:42, Johannes Ruscheinski wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 20, 2010 at 4:35 PM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>>

>> "port -v installed" shows you what architecture(s) MacPorts intends to have built each port for (though that's no guarantee that's the architecture the port was actually built for) (and this information is only recorded if the port was built with MacPorts 1.9 or greater).
>>
>> To see what architecture(s) a file was actually built for, use "lipo -info" on it, for example:
>>
>> lipo -info /Library/Filesystems/fusefs.fs/Support/fusefs.kext/Contents/MacOS/fusefs
>
> port -v installed|grep macfuse
>
> yields:
>
> macfuse @2.0.3_3 (active) platform='darwin 10' archs='x86_64'
>
> In fact everything I have shows either "noarch" or "x86_64".

Ok, and what did "lipo -info" show for what architectures the port's files actually got built for?

Since the portfile doesn't have a configure phase, doesn't do anything with build_arch in the build phase, and the OS claims the kext is not of the right architecture when you try to load it into a 64-bit kernel, I'm going to assume it was actually built for i386. And since Dan said it doesn't actually work when compiled x86_64, that's not something we can change now.

What we should change is the supported_archs, though; if it in fact only supports 32-bit architectures the port should so indicate.