cmake build fails on Java header

JP Glutting jpglutting at gmail.com
Sat Oct 23 10:57:20 PDT 2010

I am having a problem building cmake. It fails trying to access jni.h, from
the Java headers:

CMake Error at Tests/CMakeLists.txt:1630 (FILE):
  file Internal CMake error when trying to open file:
  /System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Headers/jni.h for reading.

Error when bootstrapping CMake:
Problem while running initial CMake

The file /System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Headers/jni.h is a
symlink to
/System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.Framework/Versions/CurrentJDK/Headers/jni.h
but because CurrentJDK is a symlink to
/System/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/1.6.0.jdk/Contents
but that directory does not have a Header sub-directory and I can't find a
jni.h file anywhere in there.

Has anyone else had this problem after installing the latest Java update
form Apple? Is there a fix?

Thanks,
JP