Mac App Store

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sat Oct 30 07:50:00 PDT 2010

On Oct 30, 2010, at 08:16, Haravikk wrote:

> While there are certainly plenty of clauses that could allow Apple to deny Macports access to their app store, I think it's still something worth attempting, as a nice Mac app for running macports would certainly be more user friendly anyway, so even if Apple did then reject it it's not like it'd be a loss as you'd still have a neat application.

We already have a neat application for running Macports in a more user-friendly way; it's called Pallet. See:

http://trac.macports.org/wiki/MacPortsGUI

Anyway you seem to be asking about whether MacPorts itself could appear in the App Store, while this thread started out asking if MacPorts could be made to automatically install software contained in the App Store. Neither is very likely IMHO. I still see MacPorts and the App Store as inhabiting different spaces, filling different needs.