Vhost Config issues

Jasper Frumau jasperfrumau at gmail.com
Fri Sep 3 01:54:53 PDT 2010

On Thu, Aug 19, 2010 at 11:50 AM, Jasper Frumau <jasperfrumau at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Thu, Aug 19, 2010 at 11:46 AM, Ryan Schmidt <ryandesign at macports.org>wrote:
>
>> On Aug 19, 2010, at 02:12, Jasper Frumau wrote:
>>
>> > Which somehow leads to /opt/local/www/drupal-1.6.15 folder instead of
>> /opt/local/www/wordpress.
>>
>> How does drupal-1.6.15 enter into it? Do you have another vhost set up for
>> that? Where is that vhost defined in relation to the others? (first? not
>> first?)
>>

>> > In vhosts I added
>> > 127.0.0.1       dev-wordpress.com
>>
>> You mean in /etc/hosts?
>>

> Yes.

I still have issues with my MacPorts Lamp since I started playing with
virtual hosts. In /etc/HOSTS I have these:

##
127.0.0.1    localhost
127.0.0.1       jaspersmbp
127.0.0.1       dev-wordpress.com
255.255.255.255    broadcasthost
::1             localhost
fe80::1%lo0    localhost

When I go to dev-wordpress.com I am sent to localhost page saying it works
(/opt/local/www/index.html)
When I go to localhost I am sent to the same page saying it works
(/opt/local/www/index.html)

In /opt/local/apache2/conf/extra/vhosts I have template.txt to use as a
vhost template and wordpress.conf with:

$ cat  wordpress.conf
# START example.com
<VirtualHost *:80>
       DocumentRoot "/opt/local/www/wordpress/"
       ServerAdmin user at example.com
       ServerName dev-wordpess.com
       ServerAlias www.dev-wordpress.com
       DirectoryIndex index.php

       # php setttings
      # php_admin_value open_basedir "/opt/local/www/clients/last.first/
example.com/:/private/var/tmp/:"
       #php_value engine off

       <Directory "/opt/local/www/wordpress/">
               Options FollowSymLinks
               AllowOverride All
               Order allow,deny
               allow from all
       </Directory>
</VirtualHost>
# END example.com

I think I should different ips per setup on my localhost, which I will try
shortly, but I think I have mistakes in my vhost setup as well. Any help
would be appreciated...