I'm a beginner so be nice to me

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Fri Sep 3 03:21:14 PDT 2010

On Sep 2, 2010, at 23:10, ronxroxx at comcast.net wrote:

> Thanks Ryan, I rm all my header files in /usr/local/include/ and I didn't have dlfcn.h file.  I move the local directory to local.bak and created a new local directory with nothing in it.  I clean up the port and did a self update and tried again.  I'm receiving the following error:  I'm only showing the point in the log where it fails:  It seems the same error but I'm not really sure.

I agree, it does seem to be the same error. The only cause of this error that I know of is the errant dlfcn.h file in /usr/local/include.

> What else can I try?

Please clean help2man and try again:

sudo port clean help2man
sudo port install help2man build.jobs=1

When it fails again, send us the complete main.log file, compressing it first if it is large. I will compare it with the log from my machine and see if any relevant differences show up.

(Using "build.jobs=1" turns off parallel building, which MacPorts would otherwise do if you have multiple processors or cores. Disabling parallel building means everything will be built sequentially, and most importantly, in the same sequence on your machine as on mine, making it easier to compare our logs to one another later.)