Vhost Config issues

Jasper Frumau jasperfrumau at gmail.com
Fri Sep 3 03:55:50 PDT 2010

On Fri, Sep 3, 2010 at 2:39 PM, Ryan Schmidt <ryandesign at macports.org>wrote:

> On Sep 3, 2010, at 05:30, Jasper Frumau wrote:
>
> > httpd: Could not reliably determine the server's fully qualified domain
> name, using ::1 for ServerName
>
> > But now when I go to http://dev-wordpress.com/ I do get to my Wordpress
> setup, so why the warning?
>
> I think because you did not specify any ServerName in your default vhost,
> and Apache could not figure it out because there was not a DNS reverse entry
> available for your IP address.
>
> On Sep 3, 2010, at 04:48, Jasper Frumau wrote:
>
> > <VirtualHost *:80>
> >     ServerAdmin webmaster at dummy-host.example.com
> >     DocumentRoot "/opt/local/www/"
> > #    ServerName dummy-host.example.com
> > #    ServerAlias www.dummy-host.example.com
> > #    ErrorLog "logs/dummy-host.example.com-error_log"
> > #    CustomLog "logs/dummy-host.example.com-access_log" common
> > </VirtualHost>
>
> So specify some server name in this vhost, for example "ServerName
> localhost"

in apache2/conf/extra/httpd-vhosts.conf I now have

# Use name-based virtual hosting.
#
NameVirtualHost *:80

#
# VirtualHost example:
# Almost any Apache directive may go into a VirtualHost container.
# The first VirtualHost section is used for all requests that do not
# match a ServerName or ServerAlias in any <VirtualHost> block.
#
<VirtualHost *:80>
    ServerAdmin webmaster at localhost
    DocumentRoot "/opt/local/www/"
    ServerName localhost
#    ServerAlias www.dummy-host.example.com
#    ErrorLog "logs/dummy-host.example.com-error_log"
#    CustomLog "logs/dummy-host.example.com-access_log" common
</VirtualHost>
#
# Pull in all my virtual hosts, which are filename format of
hostname.example.com.conf
# ie: ends in .conf
Include conf/extra/vhosts/*.conf
# -- END --

but I still get the same error:

jaspersmbp:~ jasper$ sudo /opt/local/apache2/bin/apachectl -k restart