local patches

Björn Lundin b.f.lundin at gmail.com
Sat Sep 4 04:57:05 PDT 2010

Den 3 september 2010 04:44 skrev Ryan Schmidt <ryandesign at macports.org>:

> On Sep 2, 2010, at 14:47, Björn Lundin wrote:
>
>> Hi, I'm new to macports and this list.
>
> Welcome to MacPorts!

Thank you

> Try:
>
> http://guide.macports.org/chunked/development.patches.html#development.patches.source

So I did, and it worked well.
However, It may be that my inexperience with 'patch' is the culprit here,
the page says:
%% diff -u src/Makefile.in.orig src/Makefile.in > patch-src-Makefile.in.diff

but doing so, seems to inverse the patch.

I copied the original file from xx.cc to xx.cc.orig,
I changed xx.cc
I did diff -u xx.cc.orig xx.cc

but the patch said
- what I added
+ what I removed

when I wanted
+ what I added
- what I removed

But doing
diff -u xx.cc xx.cc.orig
instead did the trick.

I also bumped revision in Portfile from 1 to 2

The patch itself worked, and I can see YouTube via mediatomb

the reinstall of mediatomb was successful

Thanks for your pointer.
I'll see if I can contact the maintainer about this patch.
I saw how to proceed in the docs .

--
/Björn