HellaNzb-Help

Scott Haneda talklists at newgeo.com
Tue Sep 7 14:41:41 PDT 2010

On Sep 7, 2010, at 12:45 PM, Jon Hermansen wrote:

> On Mon, Sep 6, 2010 at 5:47 PM, Mack Johnson <m_nez_j at mac.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi, this is a little over my head. I'm willing to learn though. Can some
>> who has  updated or patched hellanzb help me do the same?
>>

> I've modified the Portfile for this package and added a patch which, on my
> end, makes hellanzb work correctly now.
>
> https://trac.macports.org/ticket/25807
>
> Until it gets committed, you'll need to set up a local Portfile repository
> to make use of it, see here:
>
> http://guide.macports.org/#development.local-repositories

I was just looking over HellaNzb, and it looks like it has been abandoned?  Have you tried SABNzbd, I have been using that for years now, and love it.  It too is built on python but has a very strong web interface and nice mobile phone interface as well.

It used to integrate very nicely with NewzBin, but that service is no longer as good as it used to be.  I thought you may not have heard of Sab and may want to give it a shot.  It is a downloadable binary that is a double click install.

http://sabnzbd.org/

Of course, the source works well too, and I believe there is a command line interface to it, though I have never needed to use it.  It may be a good candidate for a portfile though,  Granted, they seem to release updates very fast for the binary distributions too.
--
Scott (* For off-list contact, replace talklists@ with scott@ *)