nginx stable and development versions

Ivan "Rambius" Ivanov rambiusparkisanius at gmail.com
Sat Sep 11 09:12:58 PDT 2010

Hello,

I use nginx and I install it from macports. Macports has version
0.7.65 of nginx, and it is declared as stable by the nginx developer.
The latest version of nginx is 0.8.50 and it is marked as a
development version. Before I submit my patches (to niginx 0.8.50) I
would like to ask what is more appropriate: shall I create a separate
port, say nginx-devel to track the development and stable versions
independently, or shall I just upgrade the original nginx port to
0.8.50?

Regards
Rambius

--