Wireshark Capture support

Jasper Frumau jasperfrumau at gmail.com
Tue Sep 14 03:40:22 PDT 2010

Installed Wireshark a while. Decided to use it for some network analysis
today, using it for the first time ever. Got an error "There are no
interfaces on which a capture can be done". I believ I need teh capture
support driver like wincap for Windows. Which one can I install using
MacPorts? I searched for packet socket, but nothing. Then I read
"BSD (including Mac OS X)
On various BSDs, you need to have BPF support enabled in your kernel. In Mac
OS X, and in newer versions of at least some free-software BSDs, it's
enabled by default. In other BSDs, see the documentation for your system for
information on how to enable BPF support.  "

at http://wiki.wireshark.org/CaptureSetup/CaptureSupport

But I wonder if I need to follow these instructions or just download a Linux
package available on MacPorts.

Any help would be appreciated