Wireshark Capture support

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sun Sep 19 13:02:40 PDT 2010

On Sep 17, 2010, at 21:27, Savory Michael wrote:

> wireshark-devel @1.4.0 (net)

[snip]

> could to be updated to 1.5.0, now that 1.4.0 has been released as stable then...

Well, version 1.5.0 does not exist yet. The developers are working on creating version 1.5.0. The wireshark-devel port has thus far tracked the development releases the wireshark project has seen fit to release as tarballs. As you can see on their web site...

http://www.wireshark.org/download.html

...they have not seen fit to release a development tarball newer than 1.4.0rc2.

So we can either wait to update wireshark-devel until the developers release an alpha or beta or release candidate tarball of 1.5.0, or you can request the maintainer of the wireshark-devel port switch to checking out some revision from their source repository (it would be up to the maintainer whether he wants to do that or not).