Insight still failed to build.

~suv suv-sf at users.sourceforge.net
Sun Sep 19 20:43:14 PDT 2010

On 20/9/10 04:02, David Evans wrote:
>  On 9/19/10 6:38 PM, Frank J. R. Hanstick wrote:
>>     Sorry, it was three in the morning and I was a little tired.  I
>> have not tried the Inkscape yet, just the inkscape_devel.  Maybe,
>> should uninstall the devel and install the inkscape.  I was not aware
>> that the latter outpaced the former.
>
> Currently, inkscape-devel represents a pre-release version of inkscape
> 0.48, the final version of which is the inkscape port.

The port 'inkscape-devel' (SVN r22457) is actually a late prerelease
version of Inkscape 0.47 (0.47 was released in Nov 2009, at SVN r22583).

> Due to changes in how the inkscape development repository is
> maintained, it has been difficult to provide a "trunk" version in
> inkscape-devel, sorry.

In December 2009, after the release of 0.47, Inkscape changed the source
code repository from SVN (sf.net) to bazaar (launchpad.net). If pulling
the sources via bzr from lp:inkscape can't be done from within MacPorts
[1], the port 'inkscape-devel' maybe should be removed or at least the
user notified of its outdated state. Inkscape 0.48 was branched from
trunk in July and released 4 weeks ago.

~suv

[1] 'bzr checkout --lightweight lp:inkscape', but afaik there is the
issue that bzr returns a warning about no known launchpad-login
(although it should not prevent from making a read-only checkout?).