updating inkscape-devel (was Re: Insight still failed to build.)

~suv suv-sf at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Sep 20 02:37:49 PDT 2010

On 20/9/10 07:56, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
> On Sep 19, 2010, at 22:43, ~suv wrote:

> The inkscape-devel port could also just be updated to the same 0.48
> version as the inkscape port for now, if it is anticipated that
> inkscape-devel will be updated to later development releases in the
> future.

For Inkscape 0.48(+devel), patching gtk2 @2.20.1 is also recommended (as
long as the patch isn't in the current Gtk+ stable version):

<http://trac.macports.org/ticket/24948>

Note: there's a minor issue with the filenames in the diff file:
"(a) Portfile-orig vs. (b) Portfile-616851-gtktoolbutton"
which requires interaction when patching the portfile (I only realized
my mistake recently and didn't recreate the patch for the portfile,
sorry ;) ).

> By the way, "fetch.type bzr" has been available in MacPorts since
> version 1.9.0:
>
> http://trac.macports.org/ticket/23436

great :) - this should work for lp:inkscape too, I guess (the example
log file attached to the ticket shows that py26-openssl-devel is pulled
from launchpad as well (lp:pyopenssl), and that the message about the
launchpad-login isn't interfering with the checkout, afaict).

Inkscape trunk (lp:inkscape) has been updated to the Bazaar repository
format 2a (unlike the 0.48.x and earlier branches), which is said to be
more space efficient and faster on large projects (previously there had
been issues with the large checkout or branch and very slow downloads).

~suv