Dia

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Mon Sep 20 03:09:45 PDT 2010

On Sep 20, 2010, at 05:02, Z wrote:

> You  are right! The pb is glib2!!!
>
> Now dia installed, I suppose this following error info. is no more a pb from Mac Ports? Thanks again.

> $dia
>
> Xlib:  extension "RANDR" missing on display "/tmp/launch-bRjGiR/:0".

This is not a problem and can be ignored.

http://trac.macports.org/wiki/FAQ#randr

> dyld: lazy symbol binding failed: Symbol not found: _cairo_quartz_font_face_create_for_atsu_font_id
>   Referenced from: /opt/local/lib/libpangocairo-1.0.0.dylib
>   Expected in: /opt/local/lib/libcairo.2.dylib

This means libpangocairo (part of the pango port) was expecting to find a Quartz function in libcairo (part of the cairo port) but it wasn't there. A likely reason for this is if you installed cairo with the quartz variant, then installed pango with the quartz variant, then installed cairo without the quartz variant. The solution is to either install cairo with the quartz variant again (sudo port install cairo +quartz), or install pango without the quartz variant now (sudo port install pango -quartz).

Alternately, the problem may be that this particular Quartz symbol no longer exists due to API changes, in which case perhaps all you have to do is rebuild pango ("sudo port -n upgrade --force pango").