Dia

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Mon Sep 20 04:08:51 PDT 2010

On Sep 20, 2010, at 06:01, Z wrote:

> Your diagnostic are impressingly correct and precise. Dia works after the installation of pango + quartz invariant,  although I had to use -f to for its installation.
>
> It works. Thank you.
>
> Zell
>
> Bash-3.2$ sudo port install cairo +quartz
> --->  Computing dependencies for cairo
> --->  Fetching cairo
> --->  Verifying checksum(s) for cairo
> --->  Extracting cairo
> --->  Configuring cairo
> --->  Building cairo
> --->  Staging cairo into destroot
> --->  Installing cairo @1.10.0_0+quartz
> --->  Deactivating cairo @1.10.0_0
> --->  Cleaning cairo
> --->  Activating cairo @1.10.0_0+quartz
> Error: Target org.macports.activate returned: Image error: /opt/local/include/cairo/cairo-quartz-image.h already exists and does not belong to a registered port.  Unable to activate port cairo. Use 'port -f activate cairo' to force the activation.

I don't understand why these files would already exist and not belong to a registered port.

I also don't understand why you ran into the prior problems: when installing or upgrading gtk2, MacPorts should have upgraded your glib2 for you first since it was outdated. When installing/upgrading xorg-libXi, it should have upgraded xorg-libXext.

Your MacPorts installation seems to be in a strange state; who knows how many other problems like this you'll encounter. You may wish to uninstall MacPorts and all ports, then start again. That will ensure things are as they should be.

Regarding Quartz, you should decide whether or not you want to use the quartz variant before installing any ports, then not change your mind after you've installed any ports. If you want to use Quartz, you'll probably want to put the quartz variant in your variants.conf so it gets used for all ports without you having to remember to type "+quartz" every time you install a port.